Saturday, 20 September 2014

New blogger info....How to make a blog badge.

When I ventured into the world of blogging I had no idea just how much techi stuff I'd be learning. I did a little research before hand but was completely ignorant to all the little tweeks I could make on my blog to personalise it.
If soon occurred to be that I needs a logo, I'd created my alter ego and like any super hero will tell you, you can't get into character westing your civvies. Or my case, the contents of my photo roll. 
So in order for brand Mummy, Mumma Mum to take her place in the virtual world she had fallen for, she needed a badge. 

I scoured blogs and liased with my mate Google and this is the recipe I used. 

I'll keep it simple and I hope you find it as helpful as I did. 


1.   You need a photo editing website like Ribbit or Picmonkey I've used Picmonkey with my previous blog but I found that I couldn't save my creation to my Mac this time and for the time being Ribbit premium is free so you aren't restricted to the basic designs.





2.  create an account and click on 'Blank Canvas'   you can choose your background colour at this stage.







3. click on  'aA text' at the top tool bar and you'll see a list of fonts appear to the left of the screen.
click in the box just above and type your text e.g. blog name. 

 * for it to fit in the Twitter profile photo you'll need to keep your design to the middle of the box *

4.   you can now jazz it up with the 'stickers' tab which is next to the 'aA text' tab.






5. once you've finished playing around with your design click on 'save'  just above the tool bar (green button)


6. I found that I couldn't save my creation by clicking on the 'save photo' button, so I used the 'basic downloader which is just below that button.


7. Mac users will find its saved in downloads but you'll get to see a preview which you can save to photo's.

8. Now you're ready to upload your blog badge to Twitter, Facebook or if you're really on a roll you can go on to turn it into a 'grab my button' button.

Simples!


'Grab my Button' steps

1. first go to photo bucket, you can sign in using your Facebook account to make this stage quicker.

2. up load your design then resize it to 150 (the width will adjust automatically)

3. once you've saved it click on the 'box next to Direct' which will copy the link

4. I use a button generator called My cool realm

5. Put in your blog name, url address and then paste the code into the your image box


6. Click preview and if everything's hunky dory then 'get code'.

7. You'll find it further down the page looking something like this




8. copy the code, it's now ready to be added to your blog. 



I hope you've found this useful and good luck blogging!

with love from lovely Devon
x

Throwback Thursday

Linking in with #TBTL

2 comments:

  1. Wow sounds easy!! Like you I had no idea how much technical knowledge I would have to absorb whether I liked it or not - and I don't really like the techie stuff if I'm honest. So to find pointers & short cuts is always a dream! Thnx for the post.

    ReplyDelete